Environmental Professional (EP) Certification
Canada’s Only National Environmental Designation.
Join over 2,800 Environmental Professionals who demonstrate their professionalism, commitment to the field, and dedication to continual improvement with the Environmental Professional (EP) Certification.
About EP Certification
Founded in 2000, ECO Canada’s Environmental Professional (EP) certification provides formal recognition of your environmental expertise and professional integrity.
The EP community consists of over 2,800 diverse professionals across Canada– including environmental scientists, technicians, engineers, biologists, managers, consultants, and executives – who meet the national standards of excellence for environmental work.
EPs are required to:
- Meet the standard of environmental skills and knowledge according to National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Environmental Employment in Canada
- Demonstrate professional integrity as they are accountable to the EP Code of Ethics
- Remain on top of current practices by meeting the ongoing professional development requirements
The Canadian Environmental Certification Approvals Board (CECAB) is responsible for the overseeing the administration, evaluation and ratification of ECO Canada’s certification of EPs in Canada.
Find out if you qualify:
See the requirements
Other Environmental Certifications from ECO Canada
Certified Environmental Auditor
See the auditor requirements and how to apply
Environmental Professional in Training (EPt)
See the EPt requirements and how to apply
Learn more about EP Certification.
- EP Certification is awarded to professionals who meet the national standards for education, work experience, and environmental competencies. See the requirements for EP
- Select from 14 environmental specializations to apply for certification. See the 14 specializations
- EPs maintain their membership year after year to showcase their credibility, connect with the community, plus access exclusive member benefits. See the member benefits
- Annual membership fees are due by April 1. See annual fees
- EPs are a diverse group working across the country to build impressive environmental careers. See other certified members
- Find out how the application process works. How to apply
Ready to apply? Take the first step and pay the EP application fee.
Pay EP application fee
Planning to become an EP Auditor instead? Click here to see fees and apply