Environmental Professional (EP) Certification
The Standard of Excellence in Environmental Employment.
Join over 3,000 Environmental Professionals who demonstrate their professionalism, commitment to the field, and dedication to continual improvement with the Environmental Professional (EP) Certification.
About EP Certification
Since 2001, EP Certification has been the national standard of excellence for environmental work.
With a community of over 3,000 certified members, professionals across Canada are seeking EP to elevate the profession and to gain formal recognition of their environmental expertise.
EPs are a diverse group of professionals – including environmental scientists, engineers, biologists, researchers, managers, consultants, and executives – that meet the national standard of education, work experience, and validated environmental skills and knowledge according to the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Environmental Employment.
EPs demonstrate professional integrity by abiding by the code of ethics and their dedication to remain on top of current practices.
Find out if you qualify:
See the requirements
Learn more about EP Certification.
- EP Certification is awarded to professionals who meet the national standards for education, work experience, and environmental competencies. See the requirements for EP
- Select from 14 environmental specializations to apply for certification. See the 14 specializations
- Choose the EP Auditor certification to showcase your environmental auditing expertise. See the requirements and how to apply
- EPs maintain their membership year after year to showcase their credibility, connect with the community, plus access exclusive member benefits. See the member benefits
- Annual membership fees are due by June 30 to remain certified. See annual fees
- EPs are a diverse group working across the country to build impressive environmental careers. See other certified members
- Find out how the application process works. How to apply
Ready to apply? Take the first step and pay the EP or EPt application fee.
Pay EP application fee OR Pay EPt application fee
Planning to become an EP Auditor instead? Click here to see fees and apply