Apply for EP® Certification
Make your environmental expertise work for you.
You could be certified in as little as 4-6 weeks. Here’s how the process works:
- Pay your application fee.
You’ll receive a payment confirmation email with details on how to access your EP application.
See the EP membership fees
- Gather your résumé and three references who can validate your experience.
Learn more in the EP and EPt Applicant Guide
- Complete your application and agree to the EP Code of Ethics, the standards of accountability for all certified members.
See the EP Code of Ethics
- Perform a self-assessment in the specialization areas you selected in your application.
Not sure which EP specializations are right for you? See more info on EP specializations
- Get evaluated by your references.
Your references will perform a confidential evaluation of your competencies and experience.
- Your application is reviewed and validated by ECO Canada.
- Receive final approval from the Canadian Environmental Certification Approvals Board (CECAB).
EP applications are reviewed on the second Tuesday of each month, so it can take up to one month to obtain final approval. We’ll notify you by email of your results.
- Pay your initial membership fee ($200 + GST/HST for EPs, $100 + GST/HST for EPts).
Need more detail? Learn more in the EP and EPt Applicant Guide
Ready to apply? Click the buttons below to pay the EP or EPt application fee.
Pay EP application fee OR Pay EPt application fee
Planning to become an EP Auditor instead? Click here to see fees and apply
Upgrading from EPt to EP? Log into your member account