Explore the research
Tap into our knowledge on Canada’s environmental labour market.
For over two decades, we’ve worked with policy makers, industry leaders, employers, and professionals to study the Canadian environmental labour market.
Our labour market research is funded by the Government of Canada’s Sectoral Initiatives program and adheres to strict research guidelines. Contact us to learn more
Environmental Career Choice & Planning
Plan your ideal green career path with detailed info on the top employers, skills requirements, and available jobs in different environmental sub-sectors.
- Land Your Dream Green Job
- Careers in Site Assessment and Reclamation
- Careers in Air Quality
- Careers in Environmental Professional Services
- Careers in Energy
- Careers in Sustainability
- Careers in Water Quality
- Careers in Environmental Health and Safety
Overview of Canadian Environmental Employment
Explore the trends that shape the overall demand for environmental workers in Canada.
- Profile of Canadian Environmental Employment – Series
- The Green Jobs Map: Tracking Employment through Canada’s Green Economy – Series
- Defining the Green Economy
- Canadian Environmental Sector Trends – Series
Labour Supply Issues in the Canadian Environmental Sector
Learn more about the issues that impact sources of environmental workers in Canada.
- Building Operator Scoping Study
- Municipal Water & Waste Management
- Solid Waste Management Labour Market Study
- Post-Secondary Environmental Education in Canada – Series
- Labour Mobility Between EU and Canada
- Labour Market Transition: A Remedy for Labour Shortages in the Environment
HR Strategies & Management
Customize your HR strategy with these reports on building, motivating, and engaging your environmental team.
- Inspire Your Staff to Say I Love My Job
- HR Best Practices Report – Series
- Professional Engagement Study: What Motivates Environmental Employees?
- Aboriginal Recruitment Guide
- HR Insights for Employers
- Characteristics of Canadian Environmental Practitioners – Series
National Occupational Standards
Review our National Occupational Standards (NOS) to see how environmental employment is defined and measured.
ECO Canada’s research is funded by the Government of Canada’s Sectoral Initiatives Program. The opinions and interpretations of all publications are the author’s and do not necessarily reflect those held by the Government of Canada.
Copyright © ECO Canada
All rights reserved. The use of any part of these publications, whether it is reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or means (including electronic, mechanical, photographic, photocopying or recording), without the prior written permission of ECO Canada is an infringement of copyright law.