Fundamentals of Waste Incineration
$79 | EPs and EPts SAVE 25% | ALL CAREER STAGES | 90 MIN
Understand Waste Incineration Technology.
This 90-minute webinar provides an overview of the roles of waste characteristics, incinerator design, and operation to comply with statutory regulations and whether additional treatments are necessary, such as air pollution control and ash treatment.
You’ll also learn the factors leading to emissions of acid gases, metals, particulate matter and incomplete combustion products and those affecting ash quality.
This course is designed for professionals who need to be familiar with waste treatment options, or are interested in learning more about incineration technology, including:
- Environmental Managers
- Permitting Officers
- Incinerator Operators
- Those considering installation of a new incinerator
- Operations personnel
- Those responsible for procurement of waste treatment technology
This webinar provides an overview of the roles of waste characteristics, incinerator design, and operation to comply with statutory regulations.
- Learn about waste characteristics and incineration technology as a waste treatment option.
- Identify cases when additional treatments are necessary.
- Understand what factors affect complete combustion and ash quality.
- Understand what factors lead to emissions of acid gases, metals, particulate matter, and other products of incomplete combustion.
The knowledge you’ll gain applies to all waste incinerators, but small-scale solid waste incineration will be emphasized as in certain cases, it can be the most difficult to deal with.
- What is the course format?
This is a recorded webinar that is 90 minutes in duration. Upon purchase, you will be emailed a link to the Recording Information page where you can view and download the recording. You’ll also receive access to the slide deck used in the webinar recording.
Please Note: This recording is a single-user license and is not intended for multiple viewers. If you require multiple licenses please contact us to request a quote>
- When did the live webinar take place?
The live webinar took place on September 2, 2015.
- Do I need to buy separate course materials (e.g. textbooks, guides, etc.)?
All of your learning materials are included, so you don’t need to buy anything extra.
Albert J. Liem, Ph.D., P. Eng., Ketek Group Inc.
Albert is a chemical engineer graduate from University of Queensland and McMaster University. For the past 40 years, he has done R&D work in industry in Quebec and Alberta and in research institutions of the Province of Alberta. His experience in the area of combustion and waste management include:
- Operation and trouble-shooting of a fluid bed combustor for chemical and energy recovery in a pulp mill;
- Design and operation of laboratory and pilot plant facilities for waste incineration, air pollution control and ash treatment;
- Development of simple and robust small-scale incinerators and air pollution control devices capable of meeting current emission standards;
- Development and delivery of incinerator operator training materials.
Learn the physical and chemical processes relevant to waste incineration.
NAVIGATING CANADIAN ENVIRONMENTAL LAW
$495 | EPs and EPts SAVE 25% | ALL CAREER STAGES | 15 HRS
Learn best practices for due diligence, working with regulators, and finding relevant legal info for new types of projects, new locations, and ongoing project compliance.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT BASICS
$495 | EPs and EPts SAVE 25% | EARLY TO MIDCAREER | 15 HRS
Learn from seasoned environmental managers about industry best practices and how they apply to environmental projects — then go one step further and apply that practical knowledge to your own projects.