Job Seeker Playbook
$49 | FREE for EPs and EPts | EARLY CAREER | 5 HRS
Plan your Next Career Move.
Did you know only 20% of jobs are publicly advertised? It’s true, but with this course, you can tap into that market and master your environmental job search!
You’ll learn how to create effective cover letters and résumés, build a powerful personal brand online, network with the right people, and more.
This course is ideal for:
- Recently graduated students seeking their first environmental role
- Transitioning workers who are seeking employment in an environmental organization
- Junior environmental professionals seeking a new role
Tap into the hidden job market with this one-of-a-kind course featuring unique tips from environmental employers and valuable resources to guide your job search.
- Identify environmental career pathways that match your skills, training, and goals.
- Create outstanding résumés and cover letters that meet the expectations of environmental employers.
- Build a powerful personal brand to make a memorable and positive impression.
- Increase your network by using multiple networking approaches.
- Ace your next interview by demonstrating you have the appropriate skills and abilities for the job.
We based the Job-Seeker Playbook on insights from environmental employers, HR managers, and over two decades of labour market research.
The Job-Seeker Playbook features an innovative interactive format to help you start applying what you’ve learned to your job search right away, including employer interviews, practical exercises, workbooks, and more./p>
This targeted course covers seven vital job-search topics you can complete in whatever order or pace you like.
1. Prepare for Your Job Search
2. Create Your Personal Brand
3. Search for a Job
5. Apply for a Job
6. Ace Your Interview
7. Tailor Your Search if You’re a New Canadian
- What’s the deadline to enrol?
There are no set enrolment dates, so you can start this on-demand course at any time. Once you’ve purchased the course, you’ll have 6 months of full course access.
- What is the course format?
This is an online, self-directed course. You’ll learn practical skills through expert videos, real-life scenarios, workbooks, and more.
- How will I be recognized once I’ve completed the course?
You’ll receive a formal Certificate of Completion once you’ve completed all of the required course topics and written the final exam. This course also counts towards professional development credits for EP Certification.
- Do I need to buy separate course materials (e.g. textbooks, guides, etc.)?
All of your learning materials are included, so you don’t need to buy anything extra.
- How long does this course take?
It takes about 5 to 10 hours to complete the course. You choose the pace and order that you want to complete the course topics.
75% of environmental employers expect to hire in the next 2 years.
FUNDAMENTALS OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING
$495 | EPs and EPts SAVE 25% | 10 HRS
What does it take to excel in environmental consulting? Find out in Consulting 101, a course that shows you how to work effectively with your employer, clients, contractors, and regulators, and to keep yourself safe on the job.
$495 | EPs and EPts SAVE 25% | EARLY TO MID-CAREER | 10 HRS
Strong writing skills can make you a top candidate for employers and a go-to choice for clients. Get practical tips and guidance from seasoned environmental professionals and produce your strongest project deliverables yet.