Certificate in Management Skills
Complete this certificate to lead effective teams and projects.
The Certificate in Management Skills for Environmental and Sustainability Professionals is a new applied certificate developed in partnership between Royal Roads University and ECO Canada.
This skill-building certificate is designed for early to mid-career environmental and sustainability professionals to develop the management skills required to lead effective teams and projects.
Gain competencies in four areas:
- Creativity, problem-solving and continuous improvement
- Risk assessment and risk taking skills
- Relationship building and communication skills
- Implementation skills
- Manage project scope, time, costs, teams and more for small to large environmental projects
- Deliver well-written documents including proposals, reports and presentations
- Develop strategic frameworks and communication plans
- Find, understand, and apply environmental laws, policy, and regulations in Canada
- Build an effective professional brand online
- Develop strategies to successfully negotiate difficult conversations
- Build core coaching skills and a framework for implementing coaching conversations in the workplace
How it works
- Inform Royal Roads University of your intention to complete the Certificate.
Prior to registering for courses, please contact Royal Roads University.
- Register for individual qualifying courses and complete them at your own pace.
Registration takes place on both the ECO Canada and Royal Roads University website. ECO Canada courses can be purchased at www.eco.ca/training and Royal Roads Courses can be purchased on each course webpage.
- Complete the qualifying courses within 2 years.
It’s recommended you complete the Certificate within 2 years of the start date of the first course. Some exceptions may apply.
- Inform Royal Roads University you have completed the Certificate.
Once you’ve met the certificate requirements, inform Royal Roads University who will issue your certificate.
Professionals who have already completed one or more qualifying ECO Academy course can upgrade to the Certificate by completing the rest of the required courses. You will need to inform Royal Roads of your intention to complete the certificate.
Complete all courses to meet each competency.
Act & Contribute
Manage & Support Others
|Creativity, Problem-Solving and Continuous Improvement||Developing Personal Resilience (RRU)||Plan the Work, Work the Plan (RRU)|
|Risk Assessment & Risk Taking Skills||Project Management Basics||Navigating Canadian Environmental Law|
|Relationship Building & Communication Skills||Social Content Strategy for Environmental Professionals (RRU)||Professional Communications|
|Implementation Skills||Technical Writing||Level up your Leadership (RRU)|
1. How do I register for a course?
Courses are delivered by both ECO Canada and Royal Roads University. ECO Canada courses can be purchased online at www.eco.ca/training. Registration for Royal Roads University courses takes place on their website and the registration information for each course can be found on the course page.
2. How do I complete the certificate?
Prior to starting your certificate, contact Royal Roads University to inform them you are intending to complete this certificate.
Register for individual courses and complete them at your own pace. It’s recommended you complete the Certificate within 2 years of the start date of the first course. Some exceptions may apply.
Once you’ve met the 8-course requirement for the certificate, please inform Royal Roads University who will issue your certificate.
3. I’ve already taken an ECO Academy course that counts towards the certificate. What do I need to do to complete the certificate?
Professionals who have completed one or more qualifying ECO Academy courses such as Project Management Basics, Navigating Canadian Environmental Law, Professional Communications or Technical Writing can upgrade to the Certificate by completing the rest of the required courses.
Please inform Royal Roads University of your intention to complete the certificate prior to registering for Royal Roads University courses.
4. Do the courses need to be completed in a particular order?
The courses can be taken in any order.
5. How much will the certificate cost?
Individual course costs range between $350 to $495 (plus applicable taxes). Therefore completing the required 8 total courses would range from $2,800 to $3,960 (plus applicable taxes).
Don’t see the answer you’re looking for? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org