Reporting to the Senior Director, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE), the Deputy Director will protect the environment, minimize Sanofi Pasteur's environmental footprint and lead the development and implementation of environmental compliance programs to meet regulatory requirements/permit conditions, and Sanofi Environmental Standards.
This role is also responsible for the implementation and improvement of the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 HSE Management System. This position can have 1 direct report, the Environmental Compliance Manager.
• Accountable for ensuring that site’s activities are in compliance with Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Environmental Regulations and Corporate HSE standards. Ensure maintenance of regulatory compliance programs for air and noise, water and wastewater, soil, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, greenhouse gases, and refrigerant management.
• Lead environmental sustainability initiatives including energy and water conservation, waste minimization, car pool (smart commute) program. This includes participating in North American team initiatives to share best practices.
• Lead the continuous improvement and maintenance of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems and OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management System.
• Oversight of the site’s climate change strategy, participation in the Ontario’s Greenhouse Gas (GHGs) Cap and Trade program and supporting engineering projects to reduce GHGs.
• Provide HSE Support for Engineering department as a client group.
• Manage business activities associated with the HSE Budget and the annual performance and professional development of all Department Leaders and their Staffs.
• Manages direct reports including but not limited to Environmental Compliance Manager as well as contract employees.
• Manage historical environmental contamination program including managing Environmental provision budgeting and contractors to monitor groundwater and soil contamination.