The Environmental Technologist assists in the development and maintenance of Nunavut Impact Review Board (NIRB) websites, databases and systems through a combination of self-directed work and liaising with internal personnel and external agencies/organizations. This position ensures the consistent and accurate delivery of technical and general information in an accessible online format for the general public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and administer NIRB websites and social media accounts;
2. Oversee electronic and hardcopy filing of incoming and outgoing correspondence;
3. Coordinate responses to requests received under the Access to Information Act;
4. Maintain audio and interpreting equipment inventory;
5. Catalogue and maintain internal library resources;
6. Assist in the development of communications templates;
7. Compile and summarize data and information for senior management.
Other duties and responsibilities:
1. Assist the Technical Services department with verifying information and populating data on the online public registry as required.
2. Liaise with external agencies and organizations to identify potential data sources and linkages for NIRB databases and systems;
3. Other duties as assigned.