Environmental Technologist - Contaminated Sites
TerraWest is offering an immediate opportunity for an ambitious and growth minded Environmental Technologist within our Kelowna office.
The Environmental Technologist plays an important role in the field execution Phase I & II ESAs, Stage 1 & 2 PSIs, Detailed Site Investigations, Remediation, Compliance Monitoring, Auditing, and related. This is environmental consulting 101. You will further expand on your knowledge of project logistics, client liaison, budgeting, and problem solving.
This role reports directly to the Operations Manager, and most projects are designed as a team. A desire to learn, grow, and lead is extremely important. The position is expected to include regular travel to conduct fieldwork and between offices.
You have a baseline understanding and technical experience in contaminated sites obtained through education and boots on the ground fieldwork, with preferably 1 or more years experience completing projects somewhat autonomously. Your personality is complimented with team based skills such as transparent communication, humour, positivity, open mindedness, and decision making confidence.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
• Completion of Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments, and related assessments;
• Field work and technical data collection, including soil, groundwater, and vapour sampling, with travel as required;
• Client and subcontractor liaison, scheduling, and logistics;
• Report preparation, including data review and supporting document creation;
• Adherence to the Health & Safety program, team communication, basic administrative works, and related support.