Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), a leader in Canadian habitat conservation, is seeking an experienced policy specialist to join our Alberta Operations team.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
• representing DUC on various industry, government and partner boards and committees.
• maintaining a thorough knowledge of public policy development, implementation and analysis (related to the natural resource, conservation, oil and gas, mining and agricultural sectors) and how they impact DUC’s core business.
• assisting in the development of policy decision documents, which include background discussion, option analysis, recommendations, and proposed strategic action for DUC’s internal review.
• developing formal written correspondence, policy briefings, position papers, DUC submissions, presentations, communications materials and other support materials.
• building relationships, working contacts, and political influence with key partners, particularly rural municipalities.
• working with DUC policy, outreach and program delivery staff, other stakeholders and government in a coordinated manner to further our conservation cause.
Your minimum five years of experience working in the public policy field and thorough knowledge of public policy analysis, development, implementation and management will make you the ideal candidate for this position, which will be based from our dog-friendly office in Camrose, AB.