Rangeland Conservation Service Ltd. (Rangeland) is an environmental and geotechnical engineering firm based in Airdrie, Alberta. Our staff of professionals includes expertise in aquatic biology, botany, wetland science, wildlife biology, range science, habitat and ecosystem restoration, geotechnical engineering, regulatory management and environmental inspection.
Rangeland has an opening for a Senior Environmental Planner (Level I Manager). The candidate will have an integral role in growing Rangeland’s business, specializing in working with new and existing clients on environmental planning of oil and gas projects.
• Participate in high-level management, business planning strategies;
• Provide active participation in Rangeland’s strong safety programs;
• Client business development and creating or inputting into company marketing strategies;
• Lead client and team meetings;
• Manage projects from conception to end of construction include administrative duties;
• Prepare environmental scopes of work and proposals considering the regulatory requirements (compliance of federal, provincial and municipal regulations);
• Provide senior leadership during environmental planning, biophysical surveys, geotechnical evaluations, third-party surveys and management, and regulatory applications of projects;
• Provide guidance to environmental monitoring and inspection staff during construction activities;
• Provide leadership, training and mentorship to junior staff;
• Compiling, inputting and analysing biological data and conducting senior review of reports;
• Preparing construction recommendation reports, environmental protection plans and other environmental applications;
• Drafting environmental alignment sheets and producing other geomatics products; and
• Conducting fieldwork pursuant to the individual’s environmental discipline or background.