MANAGER OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING SERVICES
Waterline Resources Inc. (Waterline) is seeking a Manager of Environmental (Contaminant) Consulting Services of our Calgary, Alberta operation. The successful applicant will manage the existing operation and support the ongoing growth of our Environment Group in western Canada. The role will involve directing and managing an inventory of existing and new projects and staff. The successful applicant will also be responsible for liaising with senior professionals, subcontractors, and clients, and leading administrative, marketing and business development efforts.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
• The day-to-day operation and management of the Environment Group, including administration and staffing.
• The preparation and management of the short-term and long-term business plans for the Environment Group (as supported by Waterline principals).
• Must have direct experience in Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin and come with an existing (or potential) clientele and conduct business development through successful execution of projects and developing/motivating staff to identify new/additional business opportunities.
• Working with clients to understand their challenges and the scope of their requirements;
• Write proposals and reports by interacting with Waterline team members to define the scope, schedules and cost estimates associated with the work.
• Becoming a mentor for new and junior employees.
• Providing Waterline principals with regular updates on status and performance of the Environment group (staffing needs, training needs, financial performance, etc).
• Ensuring that the Environment Group’s delivery of services is completed in compliance with Waterline’s COR Health and Safety (H&S) program, and that of our client’s H&S requirements.
Skills and Competencies:
• Possess effective communication, management and leadership skills to manage multidisciplinary project teams while fostering relationships with clients, vendors and contractors.
• Minimum 10 years experience in liability assessment, contaminated site assessment, reclamation, or remediation.
• Minimum bachelor degree in engineering, geology, agrology, soil science, geology, environmental science, or related field.
• Efficient time management and coordination of project resources.
• Ability to identify and mitigate business risks by engaging and training Waterline staff to maintain client communication and actively seek scope changes as required.
• Demonstrated record of successful project completion, and client development and servicing.
• Strong understanding of Alberta, British Columbia and federal soil and water regulatory policies, guidelines and regulations.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
• Self-motivated individual, with the ability to be flexible and to adapt to change.
• Member in good standing with appropriate professional association (e.g. APEGA, AIA, etc.)
The position represents an excellent opportunity for a senior professional with genuine management prospects with one of western Canada’s strongest private environment consultancies.
The excellent remuneration package includes a competitive base salary, performance bonus, profit sharing, group benefits, health care spending account, investment incentive, flexible work schedule, and professional development opportunities.
Attach resume (*.doc, *.pdf, *.rtf only):
A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox as well.