Not only do institutions that have been accredited achieve stronger credibility and attract high-performing students, the additional guidance that can be gained through the program is invaluable to students. As new graduates prepare for the next phase of their career development, it can be daunting to consider what is the right move to secure the right job and use the knowledge and skills built during their education years to convert from an environmental graduate to become an environmental practitioner. ECO Canada offers programs that ensure the next steps that graduates take is firm and confident. Two key programs offered at ECO include EPt Certification & Wage Funding for Junior Professionals.
Resources To Help You Succeed Upon Graduation
By graduating from an accredited program, new graduates are pre-approved to become a certified Environmental Professional in Training (EPt). The Environmental Professional-in-Training designation is most beneficial if you are brand new to the industry or don’t quite have the work experience required to qualify as a full Environmental Professional (EP).
Normally the application cost to acquire EPt Certification is $200 + GST. For graduates of an ECO Accredited Program, the application fee is no charge! All you will be required to pay is the annual membership fee of $100 + GST.
To start your application:
1. You must have obtained your education from an ECO Canada Accredited Program.
Click to check our program list.
2. Ensure that you are in your last semester of study, or have successfully completed your program (you’re not required to have convocated prior to applying).
3. Email email@example.com . You must include the following info:
- Full Name (used during studies)
- Student ID number
- Program completion date
- Convocation date (or anticipated date)
- Accredited program name and institution
After that the program team will guide you through application requirements. You could be certified in as little as 2 weeks!
EPts work towards their unique environmental expertise with the tools and inside track on resources that will help them get to the next level. If you want to stand out against the competition, make valuable connections, access discounts on networking events and training, and take ownership of your career, becoming an EPt is the smart choice.
For over 20 years, we have been the leading provider of employment funding programs that contribute to the growth of the environmental sector. In partnership with the Government of Canada, we offer two programs for employers and young professionals to access funding for entry level and young professionals:
CO-OP Placement Funding
As part of Canada’s Work-Integrated Learning Strategy, we fund 50% of student wages for co-op term placements with employers in the environmental sector to help them on the path to a bright career.
- Funding for up to 16 weeks of paid student work terms
- Students gain valuable on-the-job experience
- Employers increase their resource ability and talent pool
Wage Funding Programs
Eligible employers and emerging environmental professionals who work in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) or natural resources can get up to 50% of a candidate’s salary (up to $15,000) for new full-time environmental jobs.
- Grow team capacity at a cost-savings
- Candidates gain valuable on-the-job experience
- Employers may use this program to fund multiple new positions