ECO Canada has a wide range of training programs and workshops to develop local environmental capacities based on the needs of each individual community.
BEAHR Course Information
Nationally Recognized Certificate Training Programs
Explore the Right Environmental Training Program for Your Community
BEAHR Training Programs Available
Description: These environmental skill development programs will provide students with essential knowledge and applications to prepare for an entry-level position in the workforce. Trainers can choose from seven training programs:
Technician Training Programs
Description: These are combinations of BEAHR courses that provide students with the entire spectrum of environmental skills to develop fundamental practical environmental skills.
The 15-week Certificate of Applied Environmental Techniques contains the following:
Mandatory (3) Courses:
- Environmental Core (3 weeks)
- Environmental Monitoring -Regulatory Specialization (2 weeks)
- Environmental Monitoring – Research Specialization (2 weeks)
And then any (2) of the following three specialization courses:
- Contaminated Sites Remediation Coordinator (4 weeks)
- Environmental Site Assessment Assistant (4 weeks)
- Land Use Planning Coordinator (4 weeks)
Certificate of Environmental Planning and Administration (CEPA = 16 weeks)
- Local Environmental Coordinator (12 weeks)
- Land Use Planning (4 weeks)
Description: This option allows for the flexibility to combine modules from the various Workforce Training Programs to create a certificate program that meets the needs of the community, an employment opportunity or requirements for further education.
Timeframe: Minimum of 2 BEAHR courses