Natural Networking: Strategies for any Business Event
There’s something about walking into a room full of strangers that makes people nervous.
After hosting a year-long roadshow and networking events for Environmental Professionals all over Canada, it’s a common theme that people bring up in conversation.
Yet we’re all told that networking is the best way to make connections within your industry or region. Those connections are valuable for your business, your career, and your own personal brand. So how can you navigate a room with ease?
On March 28, 2018 we held an event designed to provide practical strategies for networking success. Our presenter for the evening was Sue Jaques, a veritable business etiquette pro who’s appeared on the Oprah Radio, Business News Network, TV networks, and is a renowned author on the subject of formal business dining and networking.
Sue’s engaging presentation was peppered with great tips such as:
- How to feel confident when walking into a room
- Timing your approach: how to strategically approach groups of different sizes
- The 3 types of handshake and how to do it right
- How to ask the right questions and avoid yes/no answers
- Ways to navigate yourself out of a “conversation cul-de-sac”
- Tips for following up with a host, when to reach out after an interview, and using LinkedIn effectively
Our amazing attendees asked the questions we all wanted to know – and Sue’s practical advice was spot on for each scenario.
Does networking make you nervous? We were fortunate to be able to record this incredible presentation. Click here for the webinar recording.