Celebrate International Coastal Cleanup Day with ECO Canada
Celebrate International Coastal Cleanup Day in Vancouver
Saturday, September 17 | 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Stanley Beach | Vancouver, BC
Free to attend
Trash on beaches is a serious problem that can affect the health of people, wildlife and local economies. Last year, more than 18 million pounds of trash was collected by nearly 800,000 volunteers during the 2015 International Coastal Cleanup.
Celebrate the 2016 International Coastal Clean Day with ECO Canada and remove trash from the one of Canada’s most treasured beaches.
Share the most shocking thing you’ve found on the beach on Twitter using the hashtag #CoastalCleanupConfessions
Why Join in?
- Volunteering makes you happier and healthier
- Connect with others who share similar interests and values
- Get a sense of accomplishment, pride and stewardship by helping a beach go from trash haven to heaven
Meet up with ECO Canada’s clean-up crew by the statue near Beach Ave and Park Lane. Participants can sign out cleanup supplies beginning at 10:00am.
The clean-up of Second Beach will begin once the crew members have assembled and been briefed.
If you arrive late, please catch up with the group on the beach between Park lane and Lagoon Drive and ask for Julie.
- This is a rain or shine event. Please dress in appropriate attire and comfortable shoes.
- Latex gloves will be provided, but participants are encouraged to wear their own gloves (gardening or heavy rubber gloves).
- As a thank you, participants will enjoy a free zero-waste lunch and refreshments after the cleanup (limit of 30 people)