In order to complete your nomination, please submit a Nomination Abstract and Supporting Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30, 2017.
The Nomination Abstract should be Word/PDF format and provide a brief background of the nominee by addressing the following questions:
- When did the project begin and, if relevant, when was it completed?
- What makes this work impactful? How does it stand out from the crowd? Is this a model that others can apply to similar environmental problems?
- How effective has it been? What are the tangible benefits? How have these been measured?
- How has this project affected, influenced and engaged others in the environmental sector? How far-reaching are its scope and impact in involving others? How has it changed the actions, attitudes and perceptions of others?
- How viable and sustainable is this work? Are there plans to expand or enhance this initiative? What steps are being taken to make this happen?
- Why are the actions of the nominee impressive? What is he or she doing that others are not?
Additional documentation in electronic form should be submitted to support the nomination and verify claims made in the nomination abstract. We do not require full résumés. Instead, focus on the area of work for which the nominee is recommended.
These materials may include articles, news releases, project presentations and background information about the nominee from websites and other sources.
It is important that you follow these guidelines to ensure that submission and supporting materials can be readily circulated to all members of the panel of judges.
A few notes on nominations:
- You may nominate yourself or a fellow certified EP/EPt/EP Auditor
- You do not need to be an EP member to nominate someone else
- All nominees must be active members in good standing (2017-2018 term renewed)
- Any project-related work must have been completed within the past 18 months
- Projects completed as part of an education program are not eligible (exceptions may be made for Ph.D level work)
- ECO Canada employees, Board Members and Committee Members are not eligible to receive awards, but may receive separate recognition at the awards ceremony.
The ceremony will be held September 28, 2017. Location TBD.
Please email the Nomination Abstract in Word or PDF format and any Supporting Materials to email@example.com by August 30, 2017.