Digital Skills for Youth
Boost Your Digital Assets | Hire New Talent | Save on Staffing Costs
Wage Funding Available for Businesses to Increase Digital Skills Related to Environmental Work
Through this internship program, your business can increase the supply of highly qualified candidates and facilitate their transition to a rapidly changing labour market in the digital economy.
The Digital Skills for Youth program allows you to leverage the knowledge of a tech-savvy, educated youth population to future-proof your business. As a host organization, you give candidates the opportunity to combine their digital skills and knowledge with soft skills such as communication, problem solving, and teamwork.
We will cover 100% of a candidate’s salary up to a maximum of $25,000 for environmental jobs that require digital abilities. Examples of eligible roles include:
- Cleantech innovation and sustainable technology initiatives.
- Digital marketers aiming to promote environmental businesses.
- Developers that create apps or software related to environmental education.
- GHG specialists in charge of predictive modeling or the analysis of emissions.
- Drone operators that monitor remote well sites or wildlife corridors.
- GIS specialists that use software to analyze mapping data or databases that surround environmental monitoring.
- Analysts and IT specialists working with EHS data.
This program is designed to meet the needs of medium-sized companies (under 500 employees).
Placements must be a minimum of 3 months in length and must end by March 31, 2021.
Interns must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada. They must be unemployed, underemployed or hold part-time employment.
If you are looking for work in areas that require digital skills, you can take our eligibility assessment.
Post-secondary graduates across Canadian provinces are eligible as well as High School graduates in Territories. You must be between 15-30 years of age.
If you plan to hire, you may be eligible for up to $25,000 in wage funding if all criteria are met.
Submit an application to get pre-approved. It only takes a few minutes. Once this step is complete, we'll connect you with candidates to start the recruitment process.
Wage funding is also available through these programs:
Youth Employment in Natural Resources
Invest in skill development, grow your team and reduce expenses
Science Horizons Internship Program
Invest in new talent, grow your team, save on staffing costs.