Science Horizons Internship Program
Invest in New Talent | Grow Your Business | Save on Staffing Costs
We’ve been working with Environment and Climate Change Canada for over 20 years to provide bright young minds the chance to gain valuable work experience with a variety of organizations and industries in Canada that hire environmental positions.
“The internship has led to a full-time, permanent position with Relight in addition to access to plenty of EP training and certification courses that will further both my career at Relight and beyond.”
~ KASEY MILANI ~
What Types of Roles are Eligible for Funding?
To be eligible the role must fall within Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, be full-time, permanent and have a positive environmental impact.
- Research assistant to collect historical data, run models, and assess climate change impacts
- Environmental coordinator determining and implementing best management practices for sustainable farming
- Lab technician analyzing water samples from sites to determine the contamination levels.
- Software designer to create smart grid technologies.
- GIS analyst focused on animal movements in Northern Canada.
- Design engineer to develop environmental monitoring equipment for greenhouse gases.
- Energy Engineer to identify and quantify the opportunity for projects involving Demand Response, efficiency, renewable technologies, management and operating improvements to major energy using equipment.
- Home Energy Modeller to calculate thermal performance of building with a goal of recommending and implementing energy efficient options.
In order to gain pre-approval status for this employment program, you must meet ALL below requirements:
Increasing Capacity In Canada’s Fastest Growing Sector
For those employers and candidates who fit the eligibility criteria, up to 50% of salary or wages will be covered for jobs that contribute to economic growth in roles related to climate change, clean technology and environmental sustainability.
To date, we’ve facilitated the placement of over 7200 candidates in meaningful careers with small to mid-size businesses, non-profit organizations and municipal/provincial governments. Thanks to all our employers for participating over the years!
How It Works
Placements typically last 8-12 months and are intended to lead to permanent employment.
To participate, your candidate start date must be within 30 days of being approved.
Natural Resources Wage Funding Program
Invest In Skill Development, Grow Your Team, Reduce Expenses.
Training Courses & Webinars
Our training programs give you the skills needed to meet the challenges of your industry.
Post a Job
Our ECO Job Board gets thousands of visits every month from qualified job seekers looking for environmental jobs with reputable companies like yours.