Your business is growing, and EP Employer helps you with every step. From fostering employee training and development to hiring diverse candidates, our human resource tools help you hire new professionals and support their career development, while fostering outstanding employee relations and productivity.
ECO Canada’s philosophy for EP Employer is to encourage organizational commitment to sustainability advancements through: demonstrated green leadership, supporting employees with their dedication to environmental work, internal and external initiatives for environmental sector progression and environmental plans that are anticipatory and preventative, rather than reactive.
As an EP Employer you demonstrate your commitment to the advancement of the environmental sector and you join more than 3,000 certified Environmental Professionals across Canada.
Our evolving environmental sector calls for professionals and employers to be knowledgeable and ethical ambassadors that possess certain professional and technical skills necessary to thrive in today’s workforce.
ECO Canada upholds high standards for all EP Employer members to ensure:
- The standards of admission and practice are met
- Activities of members, whether organizations or individuals, are regulated in terms of skilled practice and ethical conduct
- The promotion of knowledge building and a commitment to ongoing learning are evident and encouraged
With EP Employer, we aim to help your organization champion its Environmental Professionals, enhance their careers, and lead the industry as it continues to grow.
As an EP Employer, you set a high standard and demonstrate your leadership in the environmental sector. Your organization protects the environment through engagement and involvement.
Your organization strives to:
- Conduct work ethically and responsibly; follow the EP Code of Ethics
- Promote sustainability, communicate with the public and influence large-scale change
- Encourage professional development and ongoing education
- Implement adequate human resource policies and support
- Value the EP designation and your employee’s contributions to the environmental sector
EP Employers represent public trust, improving human resource practices within the environmental sector and building internal experts by supporting their employees’ EP designations. They value environmental experience, expertise, ethics, and the continued development of environmental practice.
Your organization will take an active leadership role and encourage others to do the same. Leadership skills are important to professional development and personal growth. By focusing on in-training members and supporting their development, you will not only foster a workplace of understanding, professionalism, and technical expertise, but also help shape the future of the environmental workforce.
ECO Canada’s HR Assessment Tool is the flagship EP Employer benefit. It provides a tactical and strategic analysis of your organizations HR practices and programs. By completing the survey, ECO Canada can provide you with an accurate assessment and suggestions on how to improve your HR strategy.
• EP Employer Seal
• EP Mentorship Program and Mentorship Program Toolkit
• Free access to ECO Canada Webinars
• 15% discount to ECO Canada training programs and workshops
• Complimentary and discounted Job Board postings
• Complimentary event passes
• BEAHR Licensing discount
EP Employers gain exclusive access to ECO Canada’s human resource tools, including:
• HR Assessment Tool
• 20% discount on the ECO HR Recruitment Kit
• 20% discount on the Compensation Guide
• Job description guide
• Performance Review Guide
• Employee onboarding resources
• Interview Wizard
• Application fees* are non-refundable, even in the event of an unsuccessful application
• Initial membership fees are prorated based on April 1st schedule
• Late payment of annual membership fee will incur a penalty – see EP designation fees
EP(CEA) or EP(EMSLA)
|EP Employer Application Fee*||$250|
|Exam + Application Fee*||$200||$300||$450||15%|
|Annual Renewal Fee||$130||$230||$230||20%|
*75% of eligible employees within the organization need to receive their EPt, EP, EP(CEA) or EP(EMSLA) certification to receive Qualified EP Employer Status.
The EP Employer designation is awarded to organizations as a 5-year term. As a certified organization, you must fulfill and track annual requirement to remain in good standing. But don’t worry, ECO Canada will help guide you through the process and, by committing to this on-going process, your organization will thrive as leaders in the environmental sector.Through this process:
- Employees will gain valuable professional development and mentorship
- HR processes will be streamlined, making it easier to recruit top talent and retain current professionals
- Your organization gains public confidence and trust by adhering to the EP Code of Ethics and commitment in building internal experts through continued development of human resources and environmental practices. To maintain your EP Employer Designation, your organization must follow the EP Employer Maintenance Framework, which clarifies year 1-5 requirements and pay the annual renewal fees for your certified EPt, EP, EP(CEA) or EP(EMSLA) employees.