Transition to an environmental role.
Learn Canadian Environmental Law with our one-of-a-kind online course.
Navigating Canadian Environmental Law
$495 $370 with special offer | All career stages |15 – 25 hrs to complete
Transition into the environmental sector by learning the relevant environmental policy and regulations in Canada. Our new course was designed by Canadian environmental experts to help you find the information you need quickly and efficiently.
You’ll learn best practices for due diligence, how to best work with regulators, and how to find relevant legal info for new types of projects, new locations, and to ensure ongoing project compliance.
SPECIAL OFFER: Enter Promo Code LAW125JB to Save $125.
Buy this course
Take this course to:
- Get a comprehensive, easy-to-follow overview of Canadian environmental law.
- Understand key Federal and Provincial Acts that shape environmental regulations.
- Discover helpful research tools like CANLII to find relevant regulations for new types of projects, expanded scope, or different locations.
- Practice due diligence and minimize your risk.
- Improve how you communicate with regulators and non-technical clients.
- Learn how to create legal registers, operational controls, and project audits.
- Build confidence knowing that you’re providing informed, up-to-date regulatory guidance.
Try a free course module
At least 17 key federal acts may affect an environmental project. Learn more about these key federal acts in our free demo.
See this course module
Clare Edwards, Principal, Stantec, Calgary
Dave Brescia, Principal, Environmental and Regulatory Advisor at Stantec, Calgary
Fatema Tawawala, Project Manager at Watters Environmental Group Inc., Vaughan
Jonathan Brun, Chief Executive Officer, Nimonik, Montréal
Nadia Yen, Manager, Environment and Construction at Realstar Management, Toronto
Stephanie Hamilton, Vice-President, ÉEM Sustainable Management, Montréal
Supriya Tandan, Chief Content Officer, Nimonik, Montréal
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What’s the deadline to enrol?
There are no set enrolment dates, so you can start this on-demand course at any time. Once you’ve purchased the course, you’ll have 6 months of full course access.
- What is the course format?
This is an online, self-directed course. You’ll learn practical skills through expert videos, real-life scenarios, workbooks, and more.
- How will I be recognized once I’ve completed the course?
You’ll receive a formal Certificate of Completion once you’ve completed all of the required course topics and written the final exam. This course also counts towards professional development credits for EP Certification.
- Do I need to buy separate course materials (e.g. textbooks, guides, etc.)?
All of your learning materials are included, so you don’t need to buy anything extra.
- How long does this course take?
It takes about 15 to 25 hours to complete the course. You choose the pace and order that you want to complete the course topics.
Don’t see the answer you’re looking for? We’re here to help!
Reach out to us at: 1-800-890-1924 (toll-free) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to transition to an environmental role? Start by staying up-to-date on Canadian environmental law.
Enter Promo Code LAW125JB to Save $125.
Buy this course