As the global bioenergy sector advances in response to climate change and the depletion of non-renewable energy sources, this presents a huge opportunity for the sector.
Canada has a relatively small domestic demand, but an ample supply of biomass which puts it in a strong position to supply bioenergy to local and international markets.
This report explores global and Canadian trends in the bioenergy sector, looks at market and recruitment insights for the sector and the future opportunities that increased bioenergy adoption would present. However, more research needs to be done to identify where Canada currently fits into the global bioenergy sector and how to support the companies most likely to succeed.
Key findings from the report include:
- The global bioenergy sector is advancing as we become more aware of the need to address both climate change and the depletion of non-renewable natural resources.
- Bioenergy represents a tremendous opportunity for Canada given our ready supply of biomass feedstock.
- Within the bioenergy sector, some technologies have been commercialized while others require additional investment and market development to advance their use as economically feasible alternative sources of energy.
- Roughly 3 in 10 bioenergy firms surveyed reported that research and development and/or commercialization are their organization’s main activities.
- Access to capital is the greatest barrier to service development according to more than half of the bioenergy firms surveyed.
Download this report, using the form on the right, to learn more about the exciting opportunity of bioenergy for Canada and the challenges and opportunities facing the sector.