Crash Course: Navigating Canadian Environmental Law
$99 | EPs and EPts SAVE 25% | ALL CAREER STAGES | 4 HRS
Get up-to-speed on Environmental Law.
This 2-part webinar series provides you with a solid foundation of Canadian environmental legal requirements to keep your projects and clients compliant.
You’ll also learn how to use digital tools to help you efficiently find, understand and apply Canadian environmental laws.
This 2-part webinar course is designed for environmental professionals who are working on new types of projects, in new locations, or need to ensure ongoing project compliance. This may include:
- Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Team Leaders
- Technical or Support Staff
Professionals who are also interested in gaining an understanding of environmental law and regulations would also benefit. No previous knowledge of environmental law is required.
In just a few hours, gain a solid foundation of Canadian environmental legal requirements to keep your projects and clients compliant.
- An overview of the Canadian environmental regulatory framework.
- Learn the key Federal and Provincial acts that affect environmental legislative requirements.
- Understand best practices related to due diligence, working with regulators and how to successfully document projects.
- Learn practical techniques to break bad habits and improve your writing and editing skills.
- How to use time-saving tools and resources to find, understand and apply laws and regulations.
- Access take-away resources including guidebooks, reference websites, and presentation slides.
- What is the course format?
This is a recorded webinar split into 2 recordings that are 2 hours each. Upon purchase, you will be emailed a link to the Recording Information pages where you can view and download the recordings. You’ll also receive access to the slide decks used in the webinar recording.
Please Note: This recording is a single-user license and is not intended for multiple viewers. If you require multiple licenses please contact us to request a quote>
- When did the live webinar take place?
The live webinar took place on September 23 and 24, 2015.
- Do I need to buy separate course materials (e.g. textbooks, guides, etc.)?
All of your learning materials are included, so you don’t need to buy anything extra.
- How long does this course take?
The webinar recordings are 2 hours each, for a total of 4 hours.
Supriya Tandan, Vice-President, Nimonik, Montréal
As Vice-President of Nimonik, Supriya works at the intersection of environmental, health and safety (EHS) science, law and technology. Trained as an ecosystem ecologist and passionate about EHS policy and legislation, she manages content for the Nimonik website and helps wide variety of clients understand how legislation and legislative changes will affect their operations.
Supriya is passionate about innovating and communicating how operations and organizations can understand, apply and comply with evolving legislative requirements.
There are 17 key Federal acts that may affect your project.
View this webinar to learn what they are.
NAVIGATING CANADIAN ENVIRONMENTAL LAW
$495 | EPs and EPts SAVE 25% | ALL CAREER STAGES | 15 HRS
Learn best practices for due diligence, working with regulators, and finding relevant legal info for new types of projects, new locations, and ongoing project compliance.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT BASICS
$495 | EPs and EPts SAVE 25% | EARLY TO MIDCAREER | 15 HRS
Learn from seasoned environmental managers about industry best practices and how they apply to environmental projects — then go one step further and apply that practical knowledge to your own projects.