Since 2011, the Master’s degree in Environmental Practice (MEP) has been offered through the Canadian Center for Environmental Education (CCEE), a partnership between Royal Roads University and ECO Canada.
MEP is designed for environmental practitioners with an interest in leadership in the context of sustainability.
Graduates of MEP will be able to:
- Relate their knowledge to environmental issues in their work environment
- Assess the environmental and socio-economic elements of sustaining a healthy environment and societal well-being as an environmental practitioner
- Develop and evaluate goals, objectives and strategies, taking a range of perspectives into consideration
- Prepare, communicate and implement action plans
- Make decisions that require a broad understanding of environmental knowledge, policy and regulation, and leadership skills
- Solve problems effectively in differing workplace situations
- Act as a leader who can meet the fundamental challenges of addressing complex environmental issues
- Possess the skills and knowledge to coordinate and integrate different perspectives to aid public and private bodies make informed decisions
- Possess a broad environmental vision and a sound understanding of how environmental issues are addressed under different jurisdictions and the dynamics of both public and private sectors