You are ready to share your professional expertise and blend them with Traditional Knowledge. You want to enrich your relationships with local Nations. You choose to support the advancement of learning and economic progress. You are prepared to expand your training offerings. You are going to make an impact.
Our BEAHR Instructors have big impact. They build employment-driven skills in Nations to support sustainable, economic development. They honor Traditional Knowledge to cultivate a strengthened environmental practice. They grow relationships and partnership opportunities between industry and communities.
This workshop is a comprehensive overview of techniques for delivering effective BEAHR training and is designed for Licensed BEAHR Instructors. This interactive course will be led by experienced BEAHR instructors and Knowledge Holders from across Canada. Through discussions, activities, and critical thinking sessions, you will learn how to effectively braid Indigenous ways of knowing in your lessons, break down classroom barriers, and engage with Nations.
Over a period of five virtual sessions, you will gain effective strategies and insight on how to:
- Facilitate with cultural awareness in the classroom
- Blend western science and Traditional Knowledge perspectives
- Deliver effective, environmental employment driven BEAHR training to an Indigenous audience
- Understand the contemporary barriers to employment experienced by Indigenous groups
- Build industry-demanded competencies among Indigenous talent to support them in securing meaningful employment in local labour markets
- Five live, interactive virtual sessions
- Take home activities, materials, and resources
- Feedback from experienced BEAHR facilitators
- Opportunity to connect and build your network with like-minded professionals
This course is designed for:
Pre-Approved BEAHR Instructors: The cost of this course is included in your BEAHR licensing and witnessing fees. These fees must be paid up front before registering for this workshop.