Being an Environmental Consultant requires more than just technical skills. It requires the ability to collaborate and coordinate with many players such as your employer, your clients, regulators and contractors.
This course gives you the opportunity to learn about your role as a consultant, practice key skills that you will need to succeed in this role and stay safe in this process. This course is designed for professionals with little or no experience working in a consulting environment.
To reinforce your learning and support the course content, you will hear from experts, work through activities and knowledge checks, and be provided with a glossary, job aids, and additional resources that you can apply directly in your work as an Environmental Consultant.
- Identify the expectations of your employer and how you fit within the organization
- Identify the types of clients you’ll work with and how you fit within their processes
- Practice translating client needs into actionable items
- Understand and address regulators’ needs by knowing how their guidelines will affect your work and the best ways to communicate with them
- Stay safe by knowing how to use a health and safety plan and be proactive about your safety