Environmental law is a vast and complicated domain and as an Environmental Professional you interact with laws and regulations every day. Developed by Canadian Environmental Experts, this course is designed to give you a solid foundation in key public and private laws as well as an understanding of legal concepts that will help you and your client mitigate risks.
To reinforce your learning and support the course content, you will hear from experts, work through activities and knowledge checks, complete quizzes, and be provided with a glossary and additional resources to further support your learning.
- Gain a comprehensive overview of Canadian Environmental Law
- Learn practices for due diligence, working with regulators, and finding relevant information for new types of projects, new locations, and ongoing project compliance
- Understand key Federal and Provincial Acts that shape Environmental Regulations
- Discover helpful research tools such as CANLII to find relevant regulations for new types of projects, expanded scope, or different locations
- Improve how you communicate with regulators and non-technical clients
Please note – the contents of this course are intended for general educational purposes and do not replace the advice of a lawyer. You should always check current and relevant laws before acting on your knowledge, as they are constantly changing.
Note: This course has recently been refreshed and the updated version is live as of April 1, 2021.