Did you know technical writing is one of the top five skills most desired by employers in the environmental sector?
The Technical Writing Essentials course is founded on extensive research on the key writing skills for success in the environmental sector. In technical writing, the ability to communicate information and messages clearly to your reader is often the difference between the failure and success of a project. Being a proficient technical writer requires a combination of skill, logic and imagination. Good writers inform, educate and document their work. The course uses practical exercises, resources, and templates to prepare you to convey a clear, concise message tailored to your audience for your next technical proposal or report.
You’ll learn how to:
- Understand your audience and use appropriate tools to write to them
- Identify different types of technical documents and their intended purpose
- Recognize and revise common mistakes in e-mails
- Use design, structure, and review strategies to produce well-written technical documents
This course is ideal for:
- Recently graduated students seeking to understand how to use technical writing in the environmental sector
- Junior to mid-level environmental professionals seeking to enhance their technical writing skills or transition into a new role