$495 | EPs and EPts SAVE 25% | EARLY TO MID-CAREER | 10 HRS
Strong writing skills spell success.
Employers rate strong writing skills as one of their top hiring criteria. Well-written project deliverables such as reports and presentations demonstrate better project value to clients.
Our Technical Writing course provides practical tips and guidance from experienced environmental professionals in North America so you can produce strong project deliverables.
This course is ideal for environmental professionals in Canada and the US who play a supporting or leading role in the development of stakeholder reports, contracts or communications, such as:
- Project Coordinators
- Technical or Support Staff
Build the business-writing skills that matter most for environmental professionals in the US and Canada in this online course developed by environmental technical writing experts.
This online course is built around seven must-know topics in technical writing and designed to address the needs of unique stakeholders, business objectives and regulatory issues common to environmental work.
You’ll get direct feedback from a technical writer on your final writing project. At the end of this course, you’ll receive a formal Certificate of Completion to validate your training.
- Learn the fundamental concepts necessary to produce technical writing that best communicates technical concepts to stakeholders.
- Understand the expectations for strong environmental reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Take on more responsibility on projects by demonstrating you can master the entire writing process, including planning, writing and editing.
- Learn practical techniques to break bad habits and improve your writing and editing skills.
- Improve efficiency and understanding amongst internal and external stakeholders through clear and effective communications.
- Reduce miscommunication by adapting your writing for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Get direct feedback from a senior technical writer on how you can improve.
- Better contribute to and collaborate in the writing process with co-workers to meet project timelines.
This online technical writing course covers 7 key topics for environmental professionals and uses engaging videos and practical examples from environmental industry experts. Once you’ve completed the 7 topics, you’ll receive a Certificate of Completion.
1. The Writing Process
2. Using Data
3. Using Language
4. Environmental Impact Assessments
5. Technical Presentations
6. Technical Reports
7. Proposal Writing
- What’s the deadline to enrol?
There are no set enrolment dates, so you can start this on-demand course at any time. Once you’ve purchased the course, you’ll have 6 months of full course access.
- What is the course format?
This is an online, self-directed course. You’ll learn practical skills through expert videos, real-life scenarios, workbooks, and more.
- How will I be recognized once I’ve completed the course?
You’ll receive a formal Certificate of Completion once you’ve completed all of the required course topics and written the final exam. This course also counts towards professional development credits for EP Certification.
- Do I need to buy separate course materials (e.g. textbooks, guides, etc.)?
All of your learning materials are included, so you don’t need to buy anything extra.
- How long does this course take?
It takes about 10 to 15 hours to complete the course. You choose the pace and order that you want to complete the course topics.
Employers rate strong writing skills as one of their top hiring criteria.
NAVIGATING CANADIAN ENVIRONMENTAL LAW
$495 | EPs and EPts SAVE 25% | ALL CAREER STAGES | 15 HRS
Learn best practices for due diligence, working with regulators, and finding relevant legal info for new types of projects, new locations, and ongoing project compliance.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT BASICS
$495 | EPs and EPts SAVE 25% | EARLY TO MIDCAREER | 15 HRS
Learn from seasoned environmental managers about industry best practices and how they apply to environmental projects — then go one step further and apply that practical knowledge to your own projects.