Date: Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Time: 11 am – 12 pm MST | 60 min live webinar
Price: $65 | EPs and EPts save 25%
Join Gary Pritchard, Environmental Project Manager from Curve Lake First Nation, to gain an understanding of working with Canada’s Indigenous Peoples, and explore the meaning of reconciliation and your respective role to play.
This webinar creates a safe space for participants to explore pathways to develop community-based and community-driven action plans and relationships, and to create a solid foundation for building meaningful relationships between Indigenous peoples and all Canadians.
The webinar is modelled after Rivers Edge Education and Consulting’s transformative workshop model. Topics will include:
- Participant introduction
- The work of Reconciliation Canada
- The shared history of the Indian Residential School system
- Current reality of inter-generational impacts
- Discussion of the meaning of reconciliation, including opportunities to share personal experiences and insights, and to explore the role they can play in it based on their particular set of strengths, skills and abilities.
This webinar is designed for employers, employees, and professionals who work with Indigenous people in workplace, education, or health care settings. Participants may include:
- Indigenous leaders
- Government policy-makers
- Community leaders
- Multi-cultural and faith groups