In 2018, we launched the first environmental career mentorship program for students in partnership with the University of Alberta and Esak Consulting.
This program gives fourth year UofA students the opportunity to learn from seasoned professionals and prepare for the transition to the working world:
- Learn from seasoned professionals through a guided curriculum
- Participate in a comfortable, transparent learning environment
- Explore potential career paths and push beyond comfort zone
- Gain respect, recognition and connections within your field
- Develop valuable skills and professional resources
The program is aimed at connecting protégés with experienced mentors to support the development of the next generation of environmental professionals and help them navigate the working world. The program is not intended to provide internships or job offers.
We are now accepting expression of interest submissions for the 2019/2020 school term. If you are interested in becoming either a mentor or protégé, and would like to know more about the program, please submit your information above by filling out the Expression of Interest form.
Note: Protégé interest is limited only to fourth year ALES students at the UofA