ORTECH Consulting Inc., an operating subsidiary of Kontrol Energy (“KNR”), is one of Canada’s leading atmospheric science firms providing technology based consulting services and expertise in environmental science and engineering to government, industrial and financial organizations. ORTECH’s Sarnia office has been providing independent third-party ambient air and water quality monitoring and consulting services to local industry for over 60 years.
ORTECH is looking for a qualified individual interested and ready for a rewarding challenge to provide senior technical and managerial leadership for our prominent ambient air and water quality monitoring team based out of our Sarnia, Ontario office. This full-time position requires an experienced manager with excellent communication and troubleshooting skills who is a flexible team player and enjoys the challenge of collecting, interpreting and reporting quality environmental data.
This is a senior level position with preference given to candidates with management interest and experience combined with ten (10) plus years of educational/work experience in the field of ambient air and/or water quality monitoring of industrial facilities and/or regional air sheds with knowledge in laboratory analysis / instrumentation and the statistical analysis and reporting of environmental data a definite asset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with key client, advance the already robust regional ambient air and water quality monitoring network
• plan, coordinate and assign technical tasks to a team of engineers, scientists, technicians and technologists executing ambient air and water quality monitoring projects for a wide-range of industrial clients predominantly in the Sarnia-Lambton area
• work with the team to ensure scope, schedule and budget milestones are met for a variety of ambient air and water quality monitoring projects
• oversee all technical aspects to ensure QA/QC procedures are documented and followed
• manage and execute technical tasks in support of ambient air and water quality monitoring projects as needed
• write or peer review proposals and technical reports presenting methodology, results and recommendations
• communicate results (written, verbal including formal presentation) to industrial clients (union and non-union environments), regulatory agencies, public and other stakeholders
• sustain intimate knowledge of the Ontario and federal regulatory framework impacting industrial compliance as it pertains to ambient air and water quality
• oversee financial performance and administrative management of team including hiring, performance reviews, etc.
• lead business development and sales activities, with the support of Corporate resources
• follow ORTECH policies and procedures and client specific health & safety protocols
• participate on ORTECH’s senior management team and report directly to President