• A diploma in a field related to the responsibilities of this position such as Communications and Marketing or, for persons without the forgoing, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
This position requires experience as well as demonstrated success in:
• Communications and outreach;
• Preparing reports and presentations;
• Writing/editing/layout of digital and printed communications products tailored for specific audiences; and
• Familiarity with website design, maintenance and upkeep of content.
The successful candidate must have the ability to:
• Work efficiently and build effective relationships with others;
• Develop and implement operational and work plans in a timely and effective manner;
• Make modifications to business practices to improve the effectiveness of processes; and
• Make a contribution to habitat conservation within BC.
• Knowledge of fish, wildlife and habitat conservation in BC;
• Experience working with the media;
• Experience with Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), WordPress, MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter);
• Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills;
• Experience planning events;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with limited direction and adapt to changing priorities and emerging issues;
• Strong analytical skills. Ability to conduct market research, analyze information, and make practical recommendations on complex problems;
• Experience working with a non-profit organization;
• A valid BC driver’s licence;
• Occasional flexibility in working hours and some travel may be required
In addition to direct salary, HCTF offers a competitive benefits package, including extended health and dental benefits, participation in the Public Service Pension Plan, and more.
This is a union position with a classification of Communications Officer (BCGEU Grid 18 Step 1).
Please note that an eligibility list will be established for this position