ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Manager – Environment, the Coordinator – Environment will provide support for environmental activities for the company’s renewable energy projects in development, construction, and operation, located mainly in Canada and the United States.
The main responsibilities are as follow:
• Research and understand environmental permitting and approvals associated with renewable energy projects in Canada and the USA (provincial/state/federal laws and regulations);
• Assist with the preparation of documentation to be submitted to regulatory agencies, including data review and analysis, annual compliance reports, monitoring studies and notifications;
• Support management of ongoing long-term environmental monitoring programs for operating hydroelectric, wind and solar projects;
• Assist with the development of internal environmental policies and procedures, and staff training materials;
• Participate in or manage internal special projects as requested;
• Support project advancement using tools such as tracking tables, lists, schedules and other creative methods;
• Liaise with partners, stakeholders, regulatory agencies and members of the public, as required;
• Research topics and develop solutions to ongoing environmental project tasks;
• Complete other tasks as requested.
• Strong sense of ownership for individual tasks and overall team objectives;
• Strong organizational skills and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and a context of changing priorities;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken);
• Proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and interact with diverse stakeholders;
• Enthusiasm, eagerness to learn and join a seasoned team of environmental professionals;
• An interest in the outdoors, environmental issues and responsible natural resource development.