If you have the following qualifications and are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc., in statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, or related discipline
• Competent user of one or more scripting language for data manipulation (e.g., R, Python)
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Intermediate statistical knowledge (dimensional reduction methods – PCA, MDS, clustering methods, k-means)
• Experience with environmental science
• Experience with data visualization techniques
• Strong critical thinking, multi-tasking and time management skills.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision, seeking out further information or clarification when needed.
• Able to work with a varied schedule and collaborate with others working in different time zones.
• Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and adhere to strict deadlines.
The following qualifications are assets to the position:
• Experience working in a consulting environment
• Experience with machine learning techniques and frameworks (e.g. caret or scikit-learn, discriminant and other classification models)
• Experience with advanced data visualization techniques and libraries (e.g. ggplot, plotly, matplotlib)