Employee Status: Contract
Bargaining Unit: Non-Union
Pay Range: $72,998 - $98,553
Location: 277 Front St. West Toronto
Closing Date: 23-Oct-2020
Work Location: Travel to various locations throughout the GO network (access to GO vehicle provided)
Contract up to 12 months
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Our Safety Division, Environmental Management Office, is seeking an Environmental Audit and Reporting Advisor to assist in administering the Metrolinx Environmental Management System within Rail Services and more broadly throughout the organization. The role includes environmental compliance oversight of facility equipment, operations and maintenance activities and requires effective collaboration with facility staff and other internal stakeholders.
What will I be doing?
• Plans and coordinates daily environmental functions for assigned facilities, in accordance with corporate and legislated environmental standards and collective agreement(s).
• Supports internal and external audit programs, facilitates development and implementation of corrective actions, and tracks corrective action implementation within Rail Services.
• Provides Metrolinx environmental compliance assurance through report development, data analysis, program implementation, mitigation strategy development, site and documentation audits, and development and tracking of key performance indicators (KPI).
• Supports implementation of Environmental Management System by providing information, interpretation, and clarification on regulatory requirements and approvals for all service functions within assigned area.
• Researches and prepares technical memorandums, procedures and communications to support environmental program implementation with internal and external stakeholders, including data management for annual Sustainability Report.
• Recommends contract terms and conditions to meet legislative compliance requirements and Metrolinx sustainability objectives.
• Coordinates environmental aspects of projects with internal groups and external agencies to meet governing/regulatory authority requirements; incorporates external agency work on projects.
• Ensures that current and future facilities adhere to environmental legislation and reporting standards; Identifies emergent maintenance and capital rehabilitation improvement strategies and projects and assists in work plan development.
• Identifies, develops, implements, researches, and recommends changes to Environmental Management System programs and standards for environmental protection, due diligence, mitigation, improved regulatory compliance and supports the implementation of the Sustainability Strategy as it relates to Environmental Management.
• Reviews existing policies and procedures, and prepares recommendations for improvements to Environmental Management System, Rail Services supervisory staff and other stakeholders.
• Assists Environmental Management Manager with managing capital and operating budgets, by coordinating program budget information in the form of variance reports, budget forecasts, activity levels, financial analysis, and preparing capital project budget justification.
• Advises staff and project teams (e.g. defines roles, responsibilities, and expectations); delivers timely feedback to ensure a cohesive operational unit and the optimum use of team skills; monitors projects for adherence to Environmental Management Systems; monitors the achievement of KPIs; develops and implements action plans to address performance gaps.
• Prepares monthly summary of Rail Services’ environmental performance measures and action plans for contribution to Environmental Management performance reporting and Top Management review.