ENVIRONMENTAL COORDINATOR – TECHNICAL LEAD
Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited has an opportunity for an Environmental Coordinator, Technical Lead within the Environment Department. This position is for work at our mine located 80 km south of Dease Lake, BC in Tahltan traditional territory. The successful applicant will be required to work and stay in camp during their shift rotation. We offer a number of designated flight marshalling points within BC. Qualified applicants from local communities are encouraged to apply.
The Environmental Coordinator, Technical Lead takes a holistic scientific approach to environmental protection, implementing permitted commitments with respect to routine monitoring and reporting. Successful applicants will be able to apply their expertise toward understanding of environmental risk, and support adaptive planning and mitigating risk in accordance with regulatory authorizations and industry best practices. The position offers the unique rewards and challenges of working in complex earth and ecologic systems with the additional support and mentorship of a diverse team of qualified professionals.
• Implement routine monitoring program with the primary objective of maintaining compliance with permit commitments and MDMER regulation
• Data management, analysis, and interpretation
• Trigger response, adaptive management support
• Technical project management (e.g. aquatic effects studies, metal leaching and acid rock drainage characterization and management, aquatic or terrestrial wildlife effects studies, etc.); onsite field program coordination, acting as liaison to Technical Consultant QPs. Contribute to technical documents and management plans.
• Review, revise and implement environmental department standard operating procedures
• Permit deliverable project planning & delivery (i.e. support QPs in completion of annual summer lakes monitoring, trace metals monitoring program, one-time Se research programs, etc.)
• Environmental mine planning and monitoring (e.g. soils reclamation monitoring, revegetation research and monitoring)