Location Cartagena, Colombia
Start Date Apr - Jun 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 10 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish
Please submit a Spanish Resume and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
El Parque Nacional Natural Corales de Profundidad (PNNCPR) is one of three locations that has been identified with a significant abundance of deep corals and a high diversity of associated invertebrates. The management plan of this protected area requires research, monitoring and control of invasive species.
The initiative to protect the area requires your skills in the design and implementation of strategies for environmental communication and education, with a focus on the generation of local and community ownership, considering the challenge posed to this by the completely marine location of the area.
Your will work in educating and communicating about the environmental initiative will lessen the pressures that could negatively impact the biodiversity of the Park.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Design and implement a communication action plan for the protected area, based on the national strategy.
- Contribute to the generation and implementation of an environmental education action plan, based on the national strategy.
- Formulate an environmental education project of the park, based on a need identified in the environmental education strategy.
- Support the preparation and accompaniment of events, meetings and workshops within the framework of communication and environmental education of the PNNCDP.
- Report the periodic advances and present report to the supervisor of the volunteer placement, in the terms to be agreed between Cuso International and National Natural Parks of Colombia.