As a core member of our safety team, the Environmental Safety Consultant provides the necessary guidance to ensure that work areas are safe for workers and the public. Your main tasks will include providing air monitoring and inspections during renovation and demolition projects involving hazardous materials, such as asbestos, mould, lead, etc. You will also have a great opportunity to gain experience in different types of safety related assessments. The successful candidate will work within several industries in Calgary or Edmonton and throughout Alberta, coordinating on projects with a variety of stakeholders.
• Conduct air monitoring and inspections during hazardous material remediation projects to ensure air levels remain safe for workers and the public;
• Collect samples of building materials that have the potential to contain hazardous materials, such as asbestos, mould, lead, etc;
• Perform environmental assessments, such as hazardous materials, indoor air quality, LEED, etc;
• Analyze air samples to determine whether they are below the legislated Occupational Exposure Limit;
• Create accurate and detailed letters and reports containing sample results, findings, and recommendations for each client; and
• Communicate effectively with contractors, clients, co-workers, and management