Our Environmental Programs team is seeking an Environment Specialist – Air and Noise Review that will be responsible for, under direction, providing technical support on air and terrestrial noise matters in the Project and Environmental Review process. The position also supports design, development, implementation and maintenance of strategic environmental initiatives and programs related to air and noise. The position facilitates the use of software applications and data analytics to inform environmental policy and strategy, and supports continuous improvement of management systems to improve work flow and processes. The position also acts as key point of contact for stakeholders on technical environmental matters related to air and noise and provides representation at public meetings and on external committees and projects.
In this role, you will:
• Support evaluation and assessment of physical works on VFPA lands in accordance with VFPA’s Environment Policy and Project and Environmental Review Policy, with responsibility for assessment of air emissions impacts and terrestrial noise impacts and the provision of advice on corresponding mitigations and permit conditions.
• Provide technical guidance to proponents undertaking an air and/or terrestrial noise assessment for VFPA’s Project and Environmental Review, including maintaining relevant Guidance Documents.
• Administer VFPA’s noise monitoring network including hardware and software resources, supporting policy and program development, identification of noise issues, conducting analysis and research as needed, communicating and reporting results, and supporting engagement with stakeholders.
• Administer projects, studies, and reviews related to environmental and sustainability issues, including procurement of consultants, contract administration, acting as VFPA point of contact, monitoring and reporting on project status, providing subject matter expertise, and communicating results and key findings.
• Perform other assigned duties as required.