• Strong communications skills
• The ability to work well with others; an inviting personality that will attract others to become involved in the A2A Collaborative
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong organizational skills
• A background in fund-raising
• Experience managing administrative tasks: website, budgeting, financial statements, events management, membership
• A background of interest and passion for the environment
• A minimum of a university education (or equivalent) plus related experience
• A valid passport and driver’s license and access to a vehicle
• Canadian citizenship or Permanent Residency in Canada.
The ideal candidate:
Strategic and Business Planning Skills – You provide leadership for all major initiatives and ensure accountability throughout the organization. You are capable of seeing long-term goals and the best paths to achieve them. You have excellent critical thinking skills.
Management Style – You work to create an inclusive environment. You are both a team builder and a team player. You recognize the strengths of others and encourage personal and professional development to build upon their personal strengths.
Fund-raising and Development Skills – You have a proven track record in fund-raising from both the public and private sectors. You take a leadership role in developing revenue streams for programs, capacity building and operations.
Organization Skills – You have strong organizational skills. You are self-motivated and can work independently. You are able to manage multiple priorities and projects at the same time, balancing strategic and tactical work initiatives. You budget time well. You can deliver organizational priorities on time and within budget. You have a strong attention to detail.
Financial Skills – You have an understanding of financial management, including budgeting, basic accounting and project management.
Communication Skills – You possess strong verbal and written communication skills. You are comfortable making presentations to audiences both large and small, in person or in an online group setting. You are an engaging, articulate and passionate advocate for the environment. You are also a good listener. You are experienced at writing documents, including funding proposals, reports, press releases and correspondence. You are able to use web-based applications and social media applications appropriate to managing a large collaborative of partners and individual members.
Interpersonal Skills – You relate well to people and you are good at eliciting their support. You are respectful, personable and punctual. You have high energy, confidence and credibility. You are sensitive to community values and respond to them appropriately. You are able to benefit from guidance from others.
Values and Beliefs – You are dedicated to the protection and restoration of nature within the A2A region. You respect the diversity and values of the people of the A2A region.