Currently budgeted at an average of four (4) hours per week, this position this will require flexibility of time and will require working some evenings and possibly an occasional weekend.
Anticipated Start date of March 1, 2021
HIEA is seeking an organized, outgoing individual with a strong technical environmental background and experience in multi-stakeholder forums to take on the role of General Manager. This critical position will act as HIEA’s primary representative, providing advocacy on environmental issues, technical support for members and the organization, developing the HIEA brand and public relations strategy, and recruiting and retaining members.
Reporting to the HIEA Board of Directors, the primary role of the HIEA General Manager shall develop and facilitate HIEA activities, represent HIEA at selected multi-stakeholder forums, advocate for HIEA members’ interests and advise members and the organization on environmental issues, in order to implement the HIEA mandate.
This exciting role offers the opportunity to:
• Ensure HIEA provides ongoing value to its members to maintain the long-term health and relevance of the organization and fulfill its mandate.
• Develop advocacy positions on new policies and regulations pertinent to HIEA members and influence stakeholders to address member concerns.
• Execute the HIEA business plan;
• Act as HIEA’s primary representative with stakeholders, such as governments, industries, environmental organizations and the public;
• Provide support and minimal oversight to the Public Relations Coordinator and Office Administrator, to meet administrative, organizational and legal requirements of HIEA.
• Engage with and support member needs, through advice, events, networking and resolution of concerns.