Job Title: Industry Relations Manager, Mikisew Cree First Nation
Department: Government & Industry Relations
Reports to: Director
Location: Fort McMurray, GIR Office
Mikisew Cree First Nation – Government and Industry Relations Overview:
The Government and Industry Relations (GIR) is a department of the Mikisew Cree First Nation (MCFN), located in Fort McMurray, Alberta. The GIR is directed by the MCFN Leadership and acts as a liaison between resource developers, operators, government agencies and the community.
Industry Relations Manager Position
The Industry Relations Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of consultation relating to Industry-initiated projects on behalf of the Mikisew Cree First Nation (MCFN). These responsibilities include both consultation arrangements and the effective negotiation and implementation of Impact Benefit Agreements (IBA’s), as it relates to the GIR’s mandate.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the policies, standards, protocols and procedures of the GIR and as directed by the Director;
• Leading and developing the Industry consultation and IBA team to deliver agreed outcomes (quality/timeliness/cost) for agreements and consultation proposals;
• The development of policies, procedures and processes that maximize efficiency and the achievement of desired outcomes relating to Industry consultation and IBA’s;
• Monitoring of existing operating projects, including Industry related issues, identifying relevant concerns and ensuring that performance issues are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner;
• Effective implementation of the regulatory review process relating to Industry initiated projects and proposals;
• Development and implementation of annual plans for the effective delivery of all matters relating to consultation proposals from Industry and the effective implementation of IBA’s;
• Develop and implement consultation protocols between Industry partners and the MCFN community to ensure meaningful consultation, participation, community engagement, and reporting;
• Contributing as a member of the GIR leadership team to the development and delivery of GIR’s strategy and annual planning process;
• Management of financial resources relating to the team’s activities including annual budgeting, monthly reporting and delivery of commitments within allocated resources.