Canada North Environmental Services (CanNorth) is an established First Nation-owned environmental services firm with an impeccable track record and a highly respected reputation. CanNorth has a strong foundation and proven expertise in environmental assessments and environmental monitoring and is looking to increase capacity in its Biology Division. We are currently recruiting both Full Time and term-contract positions.
CanNorth is seeking a highly motivated and experienced environmental monitor/scientist to work with our talented and innovative multidisciplinary team in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Responsibilities in this position will include:
• Ensuring compliance with all environment permits, regulatory requirements, legislation, government approvals, and project environmental protection plans.
• Implementation of environmental field studies (e.g., environmental assessments, mitigation plans, etc.).
• Environmental field support during construction activities (may include, but not be limited to, conducting breeding bird surveys, nest sweeps, amphibian salvages, wetland delineation, weed identification, rare plant identification, biosecurity protocols, fish salvages).
• Liaising with contractors and clients at construction sites (e.g., kickoff/tailgate meetings, BMPs).
• Implementation of setbacks and buffers for environmental sensitive features identified.
• Data collection and management.
• Completing daily reports and safety documentation in a timely manner.