We currently have an opening for an Environmental Planner in our Environmental Assessment and Planning group in our Vernon office. The successful candidate will work closely with industry and governments on land development projects and navigate local and provincial regulatory processes to facilitate solutions to complex planning issues. You will have the opportunity to advance your career and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Balancing multiple objectives (environment, social, economic, political) to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
• Recommending ways to avoid or minimize environmental effects of proposed development and meet environmental law and regulation.
• Contributing to or leading the preparation of high quality scientific and technical reports for both expert and lay audiences.
• Managing project logistics, including project scope and budgets, client liaison, quality assurance and quality control, managing inter-disciplinary project teams, and project administration.
• Liaising with industry and regulators to facilitate common ground and find solutions to complex environmental issues.
• Identifying business opportunities, fostering client relationships, and executing business development initiatives.