ZEAS Inc. is searching for a Jr. Aquatic taxonomist to join our team which specializes in benthic ecology and aquatic invertebrate taxonomy. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Efficiently receiving and logging in benthic samples
- Washing and processing benthic samples following lab SOPs
- Identifying aquatic macroinvertebrates
- Accurately maintaining sample data sheets
- Maintaining a clean and organized work space
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
A University or College degree/diploma in Biology, Environmental Science or other closely related degree/diploma.
- Familiarity with identifying aquatic invertebrates
- Experience using a stereo microscope
- Ability to consistently meet lab QA/QC standards
- OBBN certification is considered a strong asset
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, and also independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work at a microscope for extended periods of time
Full time 6 months
Salary $29, 250 per year ($15/hr) based on a 37.5 hour work week.
Anticipated start date early September