• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by successful completion of five additional relevant courses from an approved post-secondary education institution in any of the following course areas: o Biology
o Urban land management
o Wildlife management
• Plus a minimum of 2 years of recent experience in the management of natural areas.
• Completion of Grade 12 and a Technical Certificate Program (one year full-time) from an approved post-secondary institution, supplemented by 18 months of recent experience in the management of natural areas.
• Completion of Grade 12 and completion of a diploma program from an approved post-secondary institution, with a minimum of 6 months recent experience in the management of natural areas.
Applicants must also have:
• Experience supervising staff and strong leadership skills.
• Experience performing manual labour.
• Experience with power tools (brush saw, hedge trimmer, backpack blowers, chainsaw) and hand tools (shovels, picks, hand snips, loppers, hand saws).
• Demonstrate ability to identify native and invasive plants.
• Possess strong public relations, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Possess strong organizational, time management, record-keeping and computer skills.
• Have a B.C. Industrial Vegetation and Noxious Weed Pesticide Applicator Certificate (to be obtained before the completion of the probation period).
• Have a valid BC Driver’s license with a safe driving record.