WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The right person…
You have a background in applied biology, a proven track record in the environmental consulting industry, and strong leadership qualities. You are considered an emerging or established expert in your field. Your superior technical skills are paired with well-developed communication and project management skills. You thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary environment working on projects of varying sizes across many sectors. Your qualifications, interests, and experience include a combination of the following:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management, or a related field
• Registered or eligible for registration as an R.P.Bio. with the College of Applied Biology in B.C.
(Other professional designations, e.g., P.Ag., RPF, P.Geo., EP, may be considered)
• Minimum 10 years of post-graduation work experience, preferably in consulting
• Experience working in aquatic and/or terrestrial ecosystems of BC and Western Canada
• Solid understanding of current federal and provincial regulatory processes, including awareness of upcoming policy changes and emerging issues
• Strong technical, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills
• Proven experience in writing winning proposals and successful project management
• Experience working with clients, regulators, First Nations, and stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability in networking, building client relationships, and cultivating business opportunities
• Proven experience with leading teams and directing, training, and mentoring more junior staff.A relevant Master’s degree, a specialization in aquatic or fisheries biology, and experience leading regulatory and permitting processes would be assets.