Are you seeking an opportunity to advance your career in the environmental consulting industry? McElhanney Ltd. is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer and member of the Contaminated Sites Approved Professional (CSAP) Society to join our Langley, BC office. The successful candidate will be an important member of our environmental team with a focus on environment site assessment and remediation projects across a broad spectrum of sites from residential to industrial. Your main geographic area of focus will be the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley, however, you will work closely with professionals in our other offices across BC including Prince Rupert, Prince George, Victoria, Nanaimo and Penticton in supporting our Clients’ with their contaminated sites and environmental management projects. The type and size of project will vary from stand-alone environmental projects to integrated design engineering projects involving various engineering disciplines.
The successful candidate will also be an important member of McElhanney’s broader growing environmental group based across British Columbia and Alberta with the opportunity to work with a team of more than 45 environmental professionals with a wide range of expertise.
This role is anticipated as a permanent, full-time position based on 40-hour work week.
• Managing and reviewing Stage 1 and 2 Preliminary Site Investigations and Detailed Site Investigations (DSI) and subsequent Remedial Action Plans and Confirmation of Remediation reports
• Completion of all stages of environmental site assessments (Phase I/II/III ESAs) including proposal preparation, field planning, data interpretation, report review, and remediation recommendations
• Participation in the planning and execution of other environmental projects and field programs (i.e. environmental monitoring, erosion and sediment control, surface and groundwater monitoring, sediment and soil sampling, etc.)
• Leading environmental site assessment and investigation projects as the project manager including budget tracking and invoicing
• Reviewing and adhering to site-specific health and safety plans
• Coordinating subcontracting specialties as required for ground disturbance and utility location, borehole drilling, well installation and test pit excavation
• Assisting with and / or completion of recommendations to the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy (ENV) for legal instruments including Certificates of Compliance, Determinations, Approval-in-Principles as well as ENV Releases for municipal permits
• Providing environmental advice and solutions internally and externally to guide design and assist with planning
• Providing support to other departments (survey, geotechnical engineering, materials testing, and civil engineering) to learn about and develop a holistic approach to project execution
• Mentoring of junior and intermediate environmental staff
• Other duties as assigned