The Sustainability Analyst is responsible for conducting research and technical writing in the areas of sustainability, strategy, environmental economics, and regulatory support.
AFARA is a small and entrepreneurial consulting firm where ambitious professionals get exposure to a wide variety of tasks. This description of duties and responsibilities is intended to indicate the kind of tasks required of the position. It does not limit or exclude other duties not mentioned here. Reporting to the President/Owner*, the Sustainability Analyst will:
- Plan, organize, research and support activities as required for the full implementation of project goals and objectives.
- Conduct Research in areas that include:
Benchmark assessment for regulatory strategies;
Environmental performance-based strategy;
General economics and environmental sustainability-related topics.
- Contribute to the development, completion and finalization all project deliverables according to timelines and budget.
- Ensure timely preparation of information and other written documents/material as required for implementation of project activities.
- Ensure and maintain effective and on-going communication with individuals and groups involved directly or indirectly in projects.
- Continually monitor and update the team on a regular basis about the progress of projects.
- Work in conjunction with the team to prepare reports for clients.
- Engage in other project-related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Please note that this role reports to the President/Owner, but the Sustainability Analyst may report to other AFARA team members on project work.